Masteries Professional Development Plan
When should you complete an annual learning agreement?
- Whenever you would find the structure, accountability, and support of the Learning Agreement process to be helpful to your continued growth and development as a professional coach.
- When you’re ready to begin working towards Masteries Practitioner Status. It will take up to one year to complete your first Learning Agreement as a requirement of Masteries Practitioner Status.
- Annually to retain your Masteries Practitioner Status
- 1 year from individual Certification date
- Learning goals must be different every year, or must be a clear continuation of progress on an existing path
- Learning goals must show direct relationship to the IAC Coaching Masteries™
Examples of activities for Masteries Professional Development Plan:
- 360-degree Review
- A coach would choose three clients to participate in a 360-degree review process:
- For each client, there will be three separate feedback forms – The coach’s self-evaluation, the client’s evaluation and an evaluation by a colleague of the client to provide an “outside” view
- The forms would be reviewed by two certifiers to determine if a follow-up interview with the coach is necessary (for instance if there are big gaps in the reviews.)
- Attending coaching conferences/classes
- Coordinating IAC chapter events
- Volunteering for the IAC (or another coaching nonprofit)
- Writing articles for the VOICE or other publications
- Conducting coaching research
- Hosting a study group
- Mentor coaching
- Offer a client pro bono coaching in exchange for detailed feedback, making connections to the Masteries
- Analyze interactions with characters in a movie and note which Masteries are present and/or could be present
- Sample Completed Masteries Professional Development Plan Proposal (.PDF format)
- Sample Completed Masteries Professional Development Plan Submission (.PDF format) (This form is submitted at the end of the year as evidence of achievement)
Masteries Professional Development Plan Submission Process
Coaches interested in submitting a Masteries Professional Development Plan proposal may send a request for Masteries Professional Development Plan documents to: Certification@Certifiedcoach.org. Please also refer to the sample proposal and submission documents above.
Once a completed proposal is submitted, applicants will meet with an IAC Masteries Professional Development Plan reviewer to insure that they have a comprehensive understanding of how the IAC Masteries Professional Development Plan can support their learning throughout the year. Within 12 months after the proposal is submitted, the applicant will meet again with a reviewer to discuss progress and answer questions for completing the future IAC Masteries Professional Development Plans. Successful completion of the first Masteries Professional Development Plan and passing the Step One online written exam provides the applicant with the IAC Masteries Practitioner designation.
An annual submission of an IAC Masteries Professional Development Plan is required to maintain the IAC Masteries Practitioner as well as the IAC Certified Masteries Coach designations. Every five years, coaches holding an IAC credential will meet with an IAC reviewer to discuss their growth as coaches via the Masteries Professional Development Plans and discuss the plan for future Masteries Professional Development Plans. The IAC’s objective is to encourage and support continued professional growth for coaches.
Masteries Professional Development Plan Fees
The fee for the online exam is $97.00, the fee for the initial submission of the Masteries Professional Development Plan is $150.00, and a fee of $150.00 will apply every five years thereafter, when subsequent reviews are conducted.